Kitty Holster Cat Harness Review
Are you looking to have your cat on a leash without the worry of your cat slipping out of it’s collar. Have you seen a cat try and escape a collar, it’s like stop! you are going to hurt yourself! Well a cat harness may be a good option for your cat to wear while on a leash, whether you are just hanging out in the yard or wanting to take your cat for a walk. Cat Harnesses provide a secure comfortable option so your cat won’t get away. Today we review the popular Kitty Holster Cat Harness to give you some insight on whether or not it may be a good option for you and your cat.
Things to Consider Before you purchase
So you have decided to take your cat for a walk or you are worried they may get away on a leash in the yard and you are looking for an option to secure your feline friend in a safe and comfortable manner then a Cat Harness is the way to go. If your cat is a house cat and never outside…a cat harness may not be necessary and the full vest harness for just around the house is definitely not required. The Cat Harness has it’s purpose for those outdoor adventures you would like to have with your cat for two main reasons.
- Cat Harnesses are more secure so your cat cannot get away if properly fitted
- The Cat Harness distributes the pressure points making it a comfortable option for having your cat on a leash outdoors.
Considerations before you make your purchase:
- Have you measured your Cat to ensure you purchase the proper size harness?
- Are you committed to putting in the time to make your cat comfortable with a harness and walking, patience is required!
Here are a few must see videos answering those Questions:
Walking a Cat on a Leash
- Find a harness that fits properly and use a lightweight leash
- Introduce the harness and leash to your cat by placing them near their scratching post or favourite napping spot for a week to let them investigate them on their terms. We all know what happens when you force a cat to do something!
- Fit the harness on your cat without a leash for a minute or so and let them walk around the house, lots of praise and treats! Gradually increase the time wearing the harness indoors without a leash.
- Once your cat is comfortable with the harness add the leash for short periods of time until they are comfortable, again lots of praise and treats!
- Hook the leash to the harness and lead your cat around the house by holding a small treat in front of them. Once your cat is comfortable with this then cradle them in your arms, harness and leash, and take them outside to walk around in your arms for a few minutes at a time. Give them a treat every time you head back indoors.
- Once your cat has mastered all these steps, take them outside and gently lower them to the ground kneeling beside them speaking calmly. Let them explore while you hold the leash. Take them back inside and reward them with a treat. Gradually increase the time you spend outside.
Kitty Holster Cat Harness
The Kitty Holster Cat Harness is a Vest type harness designed for cat owners wanting to get their cats outdoors on a leash either in the yard, for a walk, or maybe an urban or rural adventure. The Kitty holster promises it’s easy to put on, take off, secure, safe, and comfortable for your cat. The Kitty Holster Cat Harness is durable, machine washable and the cotton fabric is safe for all breeds.
This harness also come in many colours and also a boutique line if you want your cat to be as stylish as you and the “Meeow of the Town!”
- Difficult to escape
- Soft and Comfortable
- Machine Washable
- Velcro Straps
- Comes in four sizes
- Velcro collects fur
- Velcro Noisy Removal
- Neck Restrictive for Some
Features and Benefits
Difficult to Escape
The Kitty Holster is difficult to escape from for a few reasons. The Kitty Holster is a vest versus a strap harness and covers more area on your cat making it harder to get out of. Also, the velcro straps provided on the harness are very strong and designed to hold even the largest of cats. Of course, making your cat comfortable with a harness is an important part. If your cat struggles or is afraid of the harness, they can get out of pretty much anything. See how to walk a cat on a leash for further info on introducing a harness to your cat.
Soft and Comfortable
The Kitty Holster Cat Harness is made up of soft breathable cotton, very lightweight, and is safe for all cats and skin types. The design makes most cats quite comfortable and calm when wrapped in the vest. An added benefit of this design is that it distributes the forces on your cat when it is on leash versus a strap type harness.
The Kitty Holster Cat Harness is machine washable which is helps to keep your cat looking sharp! One note to be aware of is since the holster is Cotton be careful when drying as the holster is prone to shrinking in the wash. Don’t want it fitting too tight on our furry friends!
The Velcro Straps make it very easy to put on and remove. Also, they make it easy to adjust the tightness on your cat. The one thing to watch when you get your cat comfortable with the noise of removal. As removing your cat from the velcro vest can be loud and may scare your feline friend if they are a bit skittish.
Comes in Four Sizes
The Kitty Holster is great because it comes in four sizes XS, S/M, M/L, XL to ensure you get a proper fit for your cat. Fitting your cat properly is important to keep your cat secure and also to ensure comfort and safety. There are many colours and designs to choose from, they even have one with a reflective design which we like as a great safety feature!
A few Testimonials we found on the internet:
We found many reviews about the Kitty Holster supporting that it is in fact a very popular and useful Cat Harness. Check out the product on here as there are many great reviews on the Kitty Holster Cat Harness
A few alternatives to the Kitty Holster Cat Harness for Comparison
In conclusion, we feel the Kitty Holster Cat Harness provides great value. It’s design provides a comfortable, durable, and secure option for having your cat enjoy any outdoor adventure. The Multiple options for colour and styles are a bonus and we particularly like the reflective safety vest option just in case your cat is out and about in the evening. The Kitty Holster Cat harness is available on Amazon where you can find by clicking on any of the images below.
*images courtesy of Amazon.com